BRILL | Plantijnstraat 2 | 2321 JC Leiden | The Netherlands
Phone +31 (71) 53 53 500 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brill and Historical Materialism are greatly saddened by the untimely death of Neil Davidson. Neil was, from the beginning, a great supporter of the Historical Materialism journal, book series and conferences. His contribution was crucial and will be impossible to replace. The Historical Materialism book series will publish two books by Neil, one on bourgeois revolutions, the other on uneven and combined development, in due course. We also encourage readers to look at his other books, available from Pluto and Haymarket Books. In honour of Neil, we are pleased to make the following articles freely available until the end of July.
Interested in more?
Subscribe to our Newsletters and stay up-to-date with our publications, conference visits, discounts, reviews and news.
From Historical Materialism
- How Revolutionary Were the Bourgeois Revolutions?
- How Revolutionary Were the Bourgeois Revolutions? (contd.)
- The American Civil War Considered as a Bourgeois Revolution
- The Frontiers of Uneven and Combined Development
- Centuries of Transition
- Stalinism, 'Nation Theory' and Scottish History: A Reply to John Foster
- Capitalist Outcomes, Ideal Types, Historical Realities
From East Central Europe
For two substantial obituaries of Neil, see https://www.versobooks.com/blogs/4697-in-memoriam-neil-davidson-9-october-1957-3-may-2020 and https://www.rs21.org.uk/2020/05/07/obituary-neil-davidson-1957-2020/