BRILL | Plantijnstraat 2 | 2321 JC Leiden | The Netherlands
Phone +31 (71) 53 53 500 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arab Law Quarterly, the leading English language scholarly publication on matters relating to the law of Arab states, will publish its 35th Volume in 2021. To celebrate this, five sets of seven articles, hand-picked from past volumes by Editor-in-Chief Haider Ala Hamoudi, will be available for free downloading during 2021. Please find the first set of free articles below - bookmark this page to check for more free content in the months to come!
- The Influence of French law on the Legal Development of Saudi Arabia
Maren Hanson (Volume 2, No. 3, 1987)
- The Medieval Islamic System of Credit and Banking: Legal and Historical Considerations
Nicholas Dylan Ray (Volume 12, No. 1, 1997)
- The Concept of Custody in Islamic Law
Mahdi Zahraa and Normi A. Malek (Volume 13, No. 2, 1998)
- The Ijtihad Controversy
Shaista P. Ali-Karamali and Fiona Dunne
- (Volume 9, No. 3, 1994)
- The Concept of Musharakah and its Application as an Islamic Method of Financing
Mohammad Taqi Usmani (Volume 14, No. 3, 1999)
- The Dawning of the Third Millenium on Shari’a: Egypt’s Law No. 1 of 2000, or Women may Divorce at Will 16
Oussama Arabi (Volume 16, No. 1, 2001)
- “And Amicable Settlement is Best”: Sulh and Dispute Resolution in Islamic Law
Aida Othman (Volume 21, No. 1, 2007)
The following articles are accessible for free until 8 August 2021
Interested in more?
Subscribe to our Newsletters and stay up-to-date with our publications, conference visits, discounts, reviews and news.